Allyson Felix is a supreme track and field sprint athlete. Felix took home gold and silver in the 2008′s Olympic games hosted in Beijing, China. Felix earned her second Olympic gold medal this year at the 2012 London Games.
While Felix’s athletic achievements are exceptional, this is a beauty blog – so let’s talk beauty! Allyson Felix is a true natural beauty. Her sleek ponytail, heavily arched brows, smooth carmel-cocoa complexion and glowing grin are the icing on the cake of her healthy physique!
I am deeply respect an athlete’s dedication to their sport and then there is a bonus if one can take home the gold and do it in style! This is why Flo Jo was burned into my 8 year old brain as a Beauty Icon and Olympic Goddess! As we know athletic prowess and glamor are not often thought of as mutually exclusive virtues. We must open our minds to what represents healthy beauty and natural beauty. If you’re an athlete with the desire to take home the gold and keep your skin clean, I’ve got tips that will keep you in the clear!
1. Wash your face, neck, chest and body after each workout, and each game.
2. Use an astringent to balance the skin’s Ph and break down excess oils on the skin.
3. Moisturize the skin with an oil free moisturize to keep the skin from producing excess
oils that can result in acne.
4. Use an an exfolaiting body wash on the back and chest to avoid producing acne
5. Apply sunscreen to your face, neck, shoulders and any body parts that are exposed to the
sun to protect your skin from harmful UV and UVB rays if you are working out, training or playing in the sun.
More clear skin tips are here!